03 September 2012

vegan pregnancy: 27 weeks

happy holiday monday everyone!  i hesitate to wish you a happy labour day because that only reminds me that i'm only a mere 3 months away from my own future labour day -- i'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that it's september and i'm 27 weeks along already!  seriously, where is the time going?


as you can see i am getting huge!  the little vegan bun in the oven is growing and becoming quite the little mover and shaker.  i love it though - my favourite time of day is right when i wake up in the morning and the babe seems to rise at the same time.  i love just lying there and feeling his or her morning stretches!  new this week is that the bun has taken to doing what feels like the worm across my belly.  hah, quite the visual, yes?
 
i don't think i've said so yet, but thank you all so much for the supportive words as to my eatings throughout my pregnancy - i felt a little "exposed" putting it out there, i'm not sure why i have such insecurities of being judged, but your support was so very welcomed.  there's not much new to report in the way of food things, although my sweet tooth is still hanging around in a big way.  i'm certainly indulging it here and there but am also trying to make my choices count and trying my best to reach for extra kale calories instead of cookie calories as sayward's guide encourages.  i'm also really thirsty these days and have been loving a cold-brewed dandelion tea that i've been gulping down like crazy.  i've been brewing a 1-litre mason jar overnight and chilling it in the fridge and then enjoying it sweetened just slightly with a touch of raw agave & some frozen berries thrown in for good measure.  yum.  i've got some dried nettle leaves too that i've been meaning to brew up and plan on getting around to that this week.  nettle tea is a great way to get some added iron and trace minerals in.


oh yeah, and this:  apparently i'm now more uncoordinated than ever {which isn't really saying much}.  i keep finding cracks in the sidewalk to trip over, i can't seem to finish a meal without dropping something on my shirt, and get this - m says i keep chewing with my mouth open!  i don't even know i'm doing it though - weird, right?
 
i really can't get over that it's september already.  although it's a gorgeous sunny day, yellowing leaves from the apple tree are falling around me from the little table where i sit writing this.  maybe it's time for an apple pie....

15 comments:

  1. Hey Jess.. I was thinking about you yesterday... wondering how your little vegan bun in the oven was doing! And then you updated. Lucky me! You look lovely. Stay well, and watch out for those cracks in the sidewalk!
    -Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, easier said than done re: the sidewalk! hope to run into you soon, it`s been ages!

      Delete
  2. Seriously, you're the cutest pregnant lady I ever did see. And chew with your mouth open all you want - you're having a friggin' baby ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am, aren`t i! i might just print this comment to show mark that i have permission to eat as i wish.

      Delete
  3. Funny the way pregnancy changes little things you wouldn't even think about! You are looking great. The dandelion tea sounds really great. Love the little berries floating around in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep those blackberries were tough to fish out of the jar but oh-so worth it.

      Delete
  4. aw yay! you look so happy and beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so beautiful. :) I'm glad to hear things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations! May you continue to have a healthy vegan pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you are probably the most adorable & beautiful pregnant woman I have ever seen! And I agree with Ashlae- you get to chew with your mouth open as much as you want! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy moly! I haven't visited your blog in forever (I've missed it, believe me) and now I return to find you are pregnant! CONGRATS! Better late than never, right? :)

    You look absolutely beautiful! Not that you didn't to begin with, but even more so now. Such happy news.

    Lovely tea, too. I just may have to try that some time. I've been meaning to try dandelion tea with some of the peaches I still have in my kitchen. But berries sound great, as well. Yuuum

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are the cutest, gorgeous and beaming pregnant woman i have ever seen:) oh my a worm on the belly and uncoordinated limbs.. hmm i think i will take that over morning sickness anyday:)
    all the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always very funny to read about pregnancy experiences after my own pregnancy. I usually remember a couple of things that happened to me but I completely forgot about them until I read these posts. I totally remember the worm, being thirsty all the time and the tripping! And I sometimes miss the worm now.

    ReplyDelete